Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties Beyond Our Control...

Please Stand By.  These are the words I'd hear when my local TV station would lose the feed of Starsky and Hutch, or whatever it was they were supposed to be showing, and show the logo of the TV station instead.

I'm going through a bit of that right now myself.  I spent the weekend trying to get my Bus Pirate talking to the IM-ME.  I wrote a schwack of Python code, studied the docs at Dangerous Prototypes, and thought I was there.  But I found I had a problem.

After a reset, the first command to Get Status always works.  After that, nothing works.  I look on the scope and the command is going out properly, but the response is (usually) always high, or 0xFF.  I tried just about everything I could think of, and now I am starting to suspect the Bus Pirate itself.  I'm finding that some of the commands to set a control line high or low stop working after I read back a byte.  It is like they are stuck.  I need to make sure I can reproduce this, file a bug, and see if I can get a fix.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment